Since we are the sole official Samsung door lock dealer in Singapore and Malaysia with the direct contact info +65 6564 4704, we often got numerous phone calls complaining their door lock purchases; the worse thing is that they couldn’t find contact number for the technical supports such as installation, door lock setup inquiries and so on.
We figured out that some Samsung door locks sold on either Q0010, eBay or Amazon are coming from Korea. These parallel import door locks are not authorized to sell in Singapore and Malaysia, Samsung hasn’t allowed these sellers. For the above reasons, the parallel import door locks are not eligible for any technical assistance including in-house technical supports from SamsungDigitalLife.com and product parts supports from Samsung SDS (formally known as Samsung Ezon).
The following clues are the sign of unauthorized Samsung door locks
- Product and package wordings are written in Korean.
- Missing hard covered original English manual.
- Does not support English voice prompt; literally, these door locks speak Korean.
Furthermore, the PI version Samsung door locks are designed for Korea normal dry weather; these door locks are not suitable for high humidity weather. Under the humid temperature, PI version door lock may cause product malfunction. Of course, people who purchased PI version won’t get any official technical support.
English version with English wordings and manual for use in Singapore and Malaysia.
Korea version with Korean wordings and manual for domestic use in Korea.
Lock opening mechanism is not modified because door in Singapore / Malaysia is opening Inward.
Lock opening mechanism is modified because door in Korea is opening outward.
5 Override Keys
2 Override Keys
Wireless Smart Home.
for Smart Home
24/7 Technical Support and warranty from Local Authorised Distributor (Singapore & Malaysia) & Korea SAMSUNG SDS.
No Technical Support and warranty from Local Authorised Distributor (Singapore & Malaysia) & Korea SAMSUNG SDS.
IDA license approved
to be used in Singapore.
SHP-DP720, DP820 & DP920 with Bluetooth application do not have IDA license not approved to be used in Singapore.
- No IMDA license for Bluetooth communication
- Insufficient spare parts
- Poor workmanship
- No master pin verification for registration
- Limited accessories (e.g., 2 overriding keys)
- Korean language in wording display and user manual
- Limited warranty/service
- Incompatible with Samsung Connect (DP728) – Because the firmware of DP728 is upgraded by Hanman before it is delivered to the customer house to install
- Bluetooth function of such door locks could be blocked by the manufacturer